Thursday, June 9, 2011

End of the World

I was pissed when Harold Camping predicted judgment day for May 21. First, I’ve not been to church much for years. Religious, no. Spiritual, maybe. Self-righteous, absolutely. So, I’m unprepared for the rapture. But what really chapped me was that preacher Camping had scheduled the end of the world for the day before my birthday. Now, I’m a big fan of Christmas. Presents. Tinsel. Mistletoe. Carols. Did I mention presents? But the holiday spirit is more about “giving than receiving;” that doesn’t make sense to me. Birthdays make sense to me. It’s all about receiving. My day. My 24 hours in the spotlight. Once a year. Is that too much to expect? So, when I woke up on May 22, I rejoiced! I lived to see another birthday. Praise the Lord. But now I’m worried about Christmas. The good reverend has set October 21 as the REAL end of the world. This time, he says, God means it.

No comments:

Post a Comment